6.16.2010

Love Lets Us See Normal Things in an Extraordinary Way

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to sit and read quotes and song lyrics. I could sit and read them comfortably for hour upon hours. I have often wondered where my fascination comes from and I have come to the conclusion that my interest in quotes and song lyrics are often from my inability to find the words to express my feelings. Its always rewarding to find that quote or lyric that expresses exactly how you feel without you having to come up with the words yourself.

Well, a few weeks ago I was rather bored and so I began searching quotes on the internet. As I flipped from page to page, I came to a quote that said "love lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way". Apparently this quote really spoke to me because I could not seem to get it out of my head. Yet, I really couldn't figure out why it was in my head in the first place. Usually, I read a quote and I like it and remember it for a few days but then I find a new one and that one replaces the old. Yet, this one has stayed there over the course of a few weeks no matter how many quotes I have came across that I liked.

As I contemplated this quote, I began to discover the truth in it. As I look back over Kevin and my relationship, I realize that those simple, little, mundane things in our relationship mean so much to me. Now don't get me wrong, I love the big things too but its those ordinary, every day moments that give me that feeling of joy and happiness in my heart.

I love it when Kevin and I are at church and when the preacher begins to pray, he reaches for my hand. I love that when we watch a movie and I lay down with my head in his lap, he'll play with my hair and will kiss the top of my head every little bit. I love it when he drives down the road or we're sitting side-by-side at a restaurant and he puts his hand on my knee. I love when we're at the ball field, he'll sit behind me so that I can lean back on his knees. I love when we go to a restaurant he always lets me sit in the seat that faces the door because I don't like having my back to it (I always like to see who comes in!). I love that when I go home every night he waits up for me to text him to let him know I made it home ok before he will go to sleep. I love how every day that we ride in a car together, we constantly look for Volkswagon Beetles to see who can punch each other first (haha!). I love how when we lay in his bed watching tv, if I'm not cuddling with him, he'll tell me to "get over here" while dragging me towards him at the same time. I love how when we go to eat, we try to catch the other eating without having said their blessing. I love that we ride down the road and see old, abandon houses falling in and we both say, "babe! there's our house!" or "babe, its a keeper!" at the same time!

Its these normal things (and so many more!)that love allows me to see in an extraordinary way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!