2.17.2017

Five Things on Friday

One. 
You guys, I have a problem. A big one. I'm ADDICTED to home projects. I mean I for real walk around our home looking for things I can change because nothing relaxes me more than working on our home. Since I'm currently running out of projects to do these days, I taught myself how to make those adorable wood signs you see all over instagram, pinterest, and etsy these days. I made four this week and if I can find somewhere else to put more, you can bet I'll be crafting away this weekend (; If you follow me on instagram you've already spotted these signs on my stories. But if not here you go. I put the "Please Wait to be Seated" sign in our powder room because let's be real, it's funny. The "I love you more/most" signs found their home above our bed; and the "Let's Stay in and Cuddle" piece joined our bedroom's collage wall. Maybe I'll get around to sharing a tour of these spaces one day. A big focus on the ONE DAY. haha


Two. 
I FINALLY saw Fifty Shades Darker on Wednesday and it was everything I'd hoped for and more. The second book was by far my favorite of the trilogy so I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. It's been so long since I've read the books that I'm anxious to reread the third one to see where the movie left off. Too bad it'll be two more years before that one comes out in theaters. Whomp, whomp, whomp. 

Three.
How hard is it to get a shirt for your child's birthday party? I mean, geez. I ordered Boston a "Wild One" baseball tee for his birthday party back at the beginning of January. As luck would have it, black and white baseball tees were sold out NATIONWIDE! No matter who I contacted, no one could get their hands on one. Which meant I had to settle for a white long sleeve tee. Not going to lie, I was disappointed but what's a girl to do? Well Boston's shirt was mailed out two weeks ago via priority mail and was somehow lost by the post office. I contacted the lady I had purchased it from on Etsy and she was kind enough to send me another shirt via priority mail. It should have arrived already and it hasn't. At this point, based on tracking, it should arrive promptly tomorrow.. right after his party ends. 

Four.
I don't know about you ladies but I am loving all of the floral finds this season. A few weeks ago, I spotted this precious number on Pinterest and knew I HAD to have it. It arrives next Tuesday and I'm so excited to see how I like it. I thought it would make the perfect Easter dress because let's be real, no one has tans that time of year so a girl can't be caught in a sleeveless, knee-length number that early in the season. 


Five. 
I am so, so very excited for the weekend! This is the first weekend Kevin has had off in months and we plan to take full advantage of it. Tomorrow morning we're celebrating our little man turning one; tomorrow night we're having a family date night (my favorite!); then we get to go to church together as a FAMILY come Sunday! So cheers to the weekend!! 

post signature

15 comments:

  1. OBSESSED with that dress!

    And HBD Boston!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you possibly be running out of home projects? LOL Come over to our house – we've got plenty to go around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that floral dress is stunning! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your family, happy birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had an amazing week and an even more amazing weekend to come! Happy early birthday to your son!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a stunning Easter dress! I need to be on the lookout for one, so I appreciate the reminder! Haha

    Also, that is such a bummer about the birthday party shirt. I hate that for you!

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, you know the third movie is coming out next year right? LOL
    The cast said that they filmed the 2nd and the 3rd movie at the same time xD It's scheduled for a similar release time next year.

    I'm glad you liked the movie, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first hahaha

    http://thesofieyahdiaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need youto come to my house and finish my DIY projects! I hope your son has a happy birthday!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fifty shades darker was amazing as well! I loved every bit! and please I wish you'd come to my house and fix it haha ...enjoy your weekend, sounds like fun!!

    Ash | www.theashtreejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress! It is so cute and I cant believe it is less than $50!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those signs are awesome! I love the sayings on them!
    Katie | www.millennialonthemove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen Fifty Shades Darker yet and I NEED to! I read all the books and loved them so I'm dying to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that floral dress is so cute! I've heard mixed things about fifty shades

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a great weekend! I also love home craft projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't seen the new fifty shades!!! I need to get to that next friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to see that movie still! I am also obsessed with florals for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!