11.04.2015

{Weekend Recap} Halloween

Y'all there are so many exciting things taking place in our household right now (more on that coming soon!) that I haven't found a moment to sit down and share about our awesome Halloween. It may be almost noon and I'm pretty sure in the blogging handbook it's probably a no-no to post so late but I just couldn't help it. I've gotta share all about our fun weekend that was full of Halloween festivities! 

Friday night, Kevin had to work and my parents had other plans so Harper and I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary for our usual Friday night plans. My mother-in-law's school was hosting their annual Fall festival so we decided to head there for the evening. For $20, we managed to enjoy a full evening of fun, festivities, and food! #Winning











Saturday morning Harper and I headed to Greensboro to do some shopping while the hubby slept. Our first stop was to Hobby Lobby where I was searching for some Christmas decor and something to use for Kevin's Christmas present I'm working on. After having no such luck, I decided to head up the road and check out Michaels instead. Thank the Lord I did because it was like hitting the bargain mothership! They were running so many great buys and had additional coupons that could be stacked on top of already reduced merchandise that I left with a buggy overflowing of things. I even scored a ton of great things for Boston's nursery that you might have seen me share on instagram on Sunday.


After my bargain haul at Michaels, Harper and I headed to meet my friend Brittni at Chili's for some lunch. I haven't been there in at least a year and I have to say, I was rather impressed with the new menu. We left completely stuffed so we decided a little more shopping was in order so we made our way to Homegoods, Marshalls, and Target. Sadly, I didn't find as much at those three stops but I did manage to snatch up some birch wood logs I've been looking endlessly for over the last few months so I'd say it was a success regardless. 

By the time we got home, it was time to get ready for Halloween. While Kevin showered, I gave Harper a quick bath and got her dressed in her costume. Since Kevin had to work Saturday night, we decided to head out early to the park near our home and participate in the Trick or Treat in the Park event that a local church was sponsoring. It was Harper's first time really trick or treating and after stopping at the first few tables, she got the hang of it (; 









The rest of the evening was spent running from house to house showing off our little Minnie Mouse. When we left the park we followed Kevin to work so his dad could see Harper in her costume. He was tickled to death to get to see her before Nana did. There's a little competition going on there (; 



Afterwards, we headed to Kevin's grandparents house where Kevin's mom also met us. Harper ended up with all sorts of goodies, both food and toy related. #spoiled




Our last stop of the evening was my parents' house. By the time we got there, Harper was pictured out so I sadly didn't get any good ones there. But thank the good Lord, we were able to get some good food since Mom had spaghetti ready and hot and ready Krispy Kreme donuts waiting to be devoured. You didn't have to tell me twice.  


Come Sunday morning I was exhausted...extra hour of sleep or not. After a quick run to the grocery store at 8am in the rain, I decided pretty quick we'd be spending the morning at home instead of getting ready, dragging Harper out in the rain, and heading to church. Instead we spent the morning straightening up, doing laundry, and chilling on the couch watching cartoons until it was time to head to my parents' house for lunch. 



We ended our evening with a fun little post-Halloween party with a few family and friends. It started off with this little Halloween party in a box and turned into a full blown affair complete with homemade cupcakes and pizza which was the perfect little party in my book! 









Hope your weekends were filled with just as much fun!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!