11.10.2015

{Baby Holt #2} 6 Months



How Far Along: 24 weeks.

Weight Gain: As of my last doctor's appointment which took place last week, I had gained a total of ten pounds. I nearly had a heart attack when I found out I had gained five pounds in just one month. But in looking back at my pregnancy with Harper, I guess I should be relieved it wasn't more! haha 

Cravings/ Aversions: I'm still loving pizza and sweet tea. New this month was chicken nachos from a local Mexican place. It appears that Boston is going to be like his big sister and prefer salty things over sweet. As for the aversions, I still have no desire to eat steak. The thought of it makes me want to gag. 

Exercise: Just continuing to chase my rambunctious toddler around. That seems to be all the exercise I need and have time for these days... unless you count carrying loads and loads of laundry up and down the stairs as weight training?

Stretch Marks: So far so good on that front but I'd definitely say it's time to start applying the cocoa butter beginning this month. 

Maternity Clothes: I'm still in regular clothes for now. I've been living in dresses, tunics, Piko shirts, leggings, and stretchy pants. However I do have maternity pants on the top of my Black Friday shopping list. My normal pants are starting to get a little tight around the waistline and I'm not brave enough for the rubber band trick. 

Wedding Rings On/Off: On

Sleep: No changes here. I'm still sleeping like a baby. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I am out like a light.

Movement: Our little guy is finally moving around a bit more these days. He still keeps his movement to evening times. I'm guessing since I walk around all day, he's constantly being swayed to sleep. However, come 6pm-11pm, I feel him constantly. 

Gender: Boy!

Symptoms: I tend to be more tired than usual but it's hard to tell if it's from the pregnancy, chasing Harper around, or dealing with my crazy class of kiddos around the holidays. Either way, I find myself needing a nap each day shortly after noon. 

Best Moment This Month: Kevin finally got to feel our little guy move! The grin on his face made the wait worth it. Also, we started buying things for the nursery which is always one of my favorite things to do when it comes to babies!

Looking Forward To: Starting work on Boston's nursery this month. My guess is by Christmas I'll have it complete. I'm just that antsy to get started :P


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going great! That is so amazing you finally got to share the feeling if the baby kick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some major updates since the last one!! That's awesome that Kevin finally got to feel him move .. I'm sure that's one of the most special things about pregnancy!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!