6.06.2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday friends! I'm popping in today to link up with a few wonderful ladies for a quick little "Five on Friday" session. Hop on over to  DarciNatashaApril and Christina's blogs to link up as well!

One. Initial Outfitters
You may remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that I'd hosted an Initial Outfitters party for one of our close family friends who'd began to sell their products. Despite the small turnout I had that day, I had quite the party purchases. In the end I was able to choose over $100 worth of stuff for free and got to purchase three items at half price and one item at seventy percent off. I ended up making two necklaces, purchased two pairs of earrings, and a bracelet for Harper. I've been dying for them to come in and when they showed up at my house yesterday, I felt like a kid at Christmas. How adorable are all of these items?! In the end I only had to spend a little over $60 of my own money which I didn't think was bad at all! 


Two. Dad's Birthday
Yesterday my dad turned 67. He may seem older but he doesn't act it ;) Since his birthday fell during the week and we usually don't get together as a family except for on Sundays, I invited my parents and siblings over for dinner yesterday to celebrate. It was kind of last minute but it all came together fine. I made a quick run to the grocery store after work to grab some dinner essentials. I threw some barbeque, baked beans, and baked potatoes together and even had time to make a quick bowl of banana pudding. Despite my hastiness everything turned out delicious and got ate up pretty quickly!



Three. Disney and Dinner
Earlier this week Kevin's brother and his girlfriend Brooke came over to our house. In talking we discovered that Brooke and Bryan has yet to see Disney's Frozen. How that's possible I just don't know. It's hands down one of my favorite Disney movies. We may or may not use Harper as an excuse to watch it. Since neither of them had seen it, we suggested instead of doing Friday night dinner out that we order pizzas and spend the evening in and finish the night off with the movie. They were all for the idea! So that's whats on our agenda for tonight.

Four.  Burlap Wreaths
About a month ago a friend of mine asked me to make her a burlap wreath. I was really hesitant at first because I seriously had no idea where to start with one as I'd never made one before. But after twenty failed attempts, I figured it out. I was so excited by how it turned out that I had to make myself one. It also looked great so I decided that I'd snap a quick photo and post it to Facebook. I had no idea that that photo was going to open a whole lot of doors. Since then, I've had eight requests for these wreaths and it's given me an opportunity to make a little extra cash for myself. I've opened an ETSY shop per quite a few suggestions but I haven't yet posted any items to it yet as I'm waiting for school to be out. Right now I'm struggling to just find the time to make the orders I have but hopefully when summer gets here I'll be able to expand my business!


Five. Best Friend 
My best friend, Alyson, is truly the best friend ever. She surprised me at work this morning with a large sweet tea from Mickey D's, some hash browns, and a biscuit. Is there a better way to start my Friday?! And speaking of my best friend, we'll be spending the weekend celebrating what's left of her singleness. Tomorrow we'll be having our Bridal luncheon, heading to the spa, then hitting up Raleigh with some of our closest friends for her bachelorette party. It's going to be so much fun!

Here's to hoping you all have an amazing weekend! I'll be back Monday for a weekend recap!! 

1 comment:

  1. I just watched frozen for the first time with my class today. I loved it! More than the movie though I loved listening to my students sing along to the songs- seriously SO precious! The wreaths look great.. Good for you! I'm sure the Etsy shop will be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!