1.15.2014

Weekend Recap

Last weekend was absolutely wonderful. It was filled with lots of fun, family, and laughter... and what else makes for a better weekend?

Friday
Friday afternoon I stayed at school and worked late. When the kids left our principal announced that they were "paving the parking lot"; her way of saying we could go home early. Most of the time I'd jump at the chance to go when the kids did but I just had way too much on my plate to leave early. Despite the fact I was initially upset that I hadn't known sooner that we were going to get to leave early so that I could have planned ahead, I ended up being quite grateful that our principal released everyone to go home early. It was so nice having the school practically to myself since most of our teachers hit the door running at 2:30. I didn't have anyone in my room to talk and distract me, nor did I have to fight other teachers for one of our copiers. I was able to get a whole week's worth of stuff accomplished in a matter of a few hours as opposed to a few days.

My mother-in-law works at a school in my county as well and since she left work at 3:15, she so graciously offered to pick up Harper doodle so I could work late as well as run some errands after I left. My plan was to go grocery shopping after work but after talking to Kev before I left, he informed me we'd go grocery shopping together over the weekend and told me to go treat myself to a manicure and he'd grab Harper from his parents when he got off. Can you say best husband award?!

My manicure didn't take long as expected so when I got home, I decided to take some time for me and continue reading a book series that I bought on my new kindle. I got through several chapters before Kevin and Harper arrived home. It was nice to just sit and read in silence without any distractions... something few and far between these days.

After a little playtime session, we headed out to Sanitary Cafe to meet my parents for dinner. I was craving some breakfast for dinner and their pancakes, fried potatoes, and bacon hit the spot! Nevermind the fact that I gained back all the calories I'd worked so hard to get off at the gym during the week! haha

Saturday
Kevin was off Saturday so we spent the day together as a family. Since it was pouring down rain, we decided to forego breakfast out with my parents and eat at home. I fixed biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, and bacon. It turned out pretty good considering I'd never fixed white gravy before. haha

Saturday afternoon we had to attend a birthday party for one of Kevin's cousins. It was at a local church not far from where we live. The church had just built a new gymnasium so Kevin and I hit it up like we were a bunch of high schoolers. I challenged Kevin and my father-in-law to a game of HORSE. Unfortunately I lost; but in my defense, it's been years since I've played basketball which is quite sad considering I played all through school.

Shortly after the birthday party was over, Kevin and I headed to Jamestown for dinner at Southern Roots with my sister and brother-in-law. Again my in-laws watched Harper for the evening so Kevin and I could have a double date night that was baby-free. It was a good thing they watched her though as Southern Roots was booming Saturday night and we had a long wait. Harper wouldn't have made it. Then again, the live band may have kept her entertained.

Sunday
We woke up early Sunday morning and made the hour drive to Thomasville to hear Kevin's uncle preach at his church. The service was absolutely amazing as always. We're in love with the church, the people, and the overall feeling of our Savour surrounding us while we're there. I only wish we could attend more often but due to Kevin's schedule we only make it about every other month. I'm just not keen on making the hour long journey by myself with Harper each Sunday. So as long as Kev has to work on Sundays, we'll stick to my church until he's off.

After church we headed to Target to do some grocery shopping before heading to my parents' house for lunch. FYI, I've come to love grocery shopping at Target. They offer more variety than Walmart and most things are actually cheaper at Target. Factor in the Cartwheel app and Redcard and you can walk away saving close to 20 bucks a trip!

I spent the rest of our afternoon cleaning the house and doing laundry while Kevin and Harper watched some football. Around 7, the in-laws came over to join us for dinner and to spend some more time with Harper. They hung around till close to 9. Not long after they left, we called it a night too. Amazing how not long ago I'd have laughed about going to bed before 11 and now I'm utterly exhausted by 9. Crazy how life changes!

Hope you ladies are having a great week and here's to another weekend that's just around the corner!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you stayed busy! I treated myself to a manicure this past weekend too!

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!