Answered Prayers.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your prayers for Kevin and our family. As most of you know yesterday Kevin had to undergo surgery. Back in September he was diagnosed with a pilonidal cyst. He's had it for years but it had never given him any problem until this summer when it ruptured. Due to the nature of the cyst, it requires surgery for it's removal. So yesterday was d-day.

We woke up bright and early yesterday morning and my parents met us at our house. They took Harper to daycare while I took Kevin to the hospital. We checked in at 6:15 and just a short time later Kevin was taken back for his prep work. Around 6:45 I got to join him in his pre-op room. He was a bit nervous so they gave him a drug to help him relax. It resulted with my thirty year old husband acting like he was three. As soon as the medicine began to take effect, he started singing and dancing around in his bed. When the nurse came into the room and would talk to me, he'd be making faces at her behind his back. Yes, I had to scold him like he was a child. And yes, the whole time I was laughing.

At 7:51 they began Kevin's surgery. Around 9am we (me & my parents) were called to the conference room to meet with the surgeon. He told us that Kevin's cyst was much more extensive than he had originally thought but overall Kevin did amazing. Around 10am we were finally allowed to head back to see him. When I walked into the recovery room I wasn't quite prepared for what I saw. Kevin was white as a sheet and he was about to pass out. The nurses had to move him from a wheelchair to a recliner so that he could somewhat lay down. Come to find out, Kevin had some complications from his anesthesia. He was struggling to breath and he was very nauseous. But after being hooked up to some monitors for a while and a quick talk with the anesthesiologist, they got him going good as new.

We arrived home sometime around noon. Kevin slept for a few hours then he was back to his usual self. I was surprised that he was able to move about as he was. He had no trouble going up and downstairs; no trouble sitting on his actual wound; and no trouble laying down. By early afternoon, he was eating with his usual appetite. Mom and Dad spent the day with us and Mom fixed us some homemade potato soup. Kevin indulged in two bowls, a grilled cheese, and a pumpkin cheesecake donut. I'd definitely say he was feeling better (:

Overall Kevin did much better than was expected. As of this morning, he was feeling pretty well. He was a bit sore as most of his anesthesia from the day before is wearing off; however, he is taking prescription pills to help. Hopefully his recovery is going to be much better than expected or at least that's what I'm praying for.

Hope you ladies are having a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly for him! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery!:)


Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!