10.10.2013

Please Help My Classroom!

My classroom is in desperate need of a lower level chapter book series. My third graders are super excited to finally be able to read "thick" books as third grade is the year they begin to read lengthier texts. Unfortunately, the majority of my class is not on grade level and our school does not have any sets of chapter books written on the levels that my students need. Being a teacher in a high poverty area, there are no additional resources that can be used to purchase these books for my classroom. With that being the case, I have started a donorschoose.org project in which I'm asking all of my friends (personal & blogger), family, and coworkers to donate money to be used to purchase seven sets of the series "Mercy Watson". If you'd be willing to donate any amount towards this great need, please click on the link below. If donations are made on or before October 16, Donors Choose will match dollar for dollar if you type in the code INSPIRE. Any amount you could give would be appreciated more than you know!

http://www.donorschoose.org/saraholt?active=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!