At your last doctor's appointment you weighed in at 15 pounds and 2 ounces. You weren't quite as big as expected. It seems that you've began to grow longer and not wider. Trust me baby girl, one day you'll appreciate that (;
Over the past month, you've had some congestion here and there but it doesn't seem to bother you. It seems to get worse at night but come morning it seems to be better and doesn't reappear to later in the evening. However, it doesn't seem to bother you one bit. You're still just as pleasant as always. We mentioned it to the doctor but he said as long as it doesn't seem to bother you then he doesn't want you to have any medicine for it!
Your sleeping patterns haven't changed much this month. You still fall asleep each night somewhere between 7 and 8 o'clock and wake up between 6 or 6:30am. However this month you've gotten into the habit of waking up at some point in the night. When you wake up you never fuss or cry. You just lay in your crib playing with your feet or talking away to yourself until you fall back asleep.
During the week, you wake up around 6am each morning. We get you dressed for a new day then you get your bottle. I'll usually leave you on the bed to play while I get dressed. (Don't worry, I surround the edge of the bed with pillows so you don't fall off if you decide to roll around). At 6:30 we head out the door and get you to daycare. I'm still not exactly sure what your day is like there but I do know that you end up drinking three to four bottles while you're there and you end up taking one good nap in the morning and one pretty good one in the afternoon. I usually try to pick you up by 4:30 or 5. By the time we get home you're getting hungry again so we eat a bottle, play a bit, then we get you ready for bed by giving you a bath and lathering on the lavender baby lotion when you get out. Usually by the time we get out of the bath Daddy is home and the two of you hang out while Mommy fixes dinner. He usually gives you your night time bottle and puts you to bed when you fall asleep.
This month I decided to pack up all of your 3 months outfits. It was bittersweet. I'm so glad that you're finally going to get to wear some new outfits but at the same time, I want you to stay little :(
You're still in size 1 diapers this month. I thought we'd be moving you up but they seem to fit just right. I tried putting a size 2 on you and they were just way too big! If this keeps up, we're going to have to purchase some more size 1's. I had a huge box from Sam's Club that your Nana & Papa bought for you but ended up exchanging them for a bigger size thinking that you didn't need a size 1 any longer. Guess I shouldn't have tried to plan ahead!
With the exception of your morning bottle, you drink 6 ounce bottles every 3-4 hours. This month we also introduced you to baby food. We started with green beans because after all who doesn't like green beans? Well apparently you don't! You weren't having any of that. We also tried peas and that was a big no-no as well. But just when I thought veggies weren't your thing, you tried sweet potatoes and you were hooked. Guess you're going to have your daddy's sweet tooth :P
For the most part you're still a very pleasant child. You spend just about all of your day smiling and that's definitely okay with us. Occasionally you'll break out crying for what seems like no reason but as soon as you get attention you're good. So I'm thinking that someone is starting to figure out that with tears she can get her way. Wonder who that someone is?!
- You are really doing well with your rolling this month! You've finally figured out how to go from your stomach to your back. However, if it's up to you, you'd rather cry until someone comes and flips you back over themselves. Lazy girl :P
- You finally figured out how to get your toes to your mouth. Though you don't think they taste as good as your fingers. Each time you suck on them you get a weird look and quickly pop them out of your mouth in exchange for your hands.
- Daycare: You are still loving day care!
- Exersaucer: Now that you're long enough to stand and are doing fairly better with sitting up, you're starting to really like the exersaucer at daycare. You still haven't quite figured out how the toys work but the fact that you're standing up and can look around suits you just fine!
- Your Poodle: This month you've discovered the toy poodle that hangs down from your car seat handle. You figured out that if you pull it it'll vibrate. Now as soon as we put you in you car seat you reach for it and start tugging on it!
- Being Alone: You still are not a fan or being alone. If I lay you on your play mat and you see me walk out of the room, you immediately start crying! But as soon as I go to pick you up, you start smiling. Spoiled? I think so!
- And based on this picture, you aren't a fan of the Heels anymore. But you're making your Uncle Andrew prouder and prouder of you everyday. He's hoping you're going to turn to the Wolfpack!