8.12.2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

This past Saturday, at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I watched my best friend walk down the aisle as Miss Emily Wagoner and 15 short minutes later, I watched her exit the sanctuary as Mrs. Emily Scearce. I don't believe I've ever seen her look any more beautiful and any happier. I hope that same happiness that she had on Saturday as she said "I do" will follow her and Matt always.

A few days before Emily's wedding, we were talking about how fast time had flown by. I remember when we were in middle school planning our dream weddings to the members of N'Sync (haha!) and I can remember in high school, when we'd visit colleges, before we even looked at the buildings, we were scoping the area out for hot guys. Afterall, our dream husbands were gorgeous guys that we expected to meet in college so we had to make sure we went to a college that had nice looking ones! Yet the funny thing is, we both ended up meeting older guys (& by older I mean like 6 years older!) than us and they didn't go to UNCG after all. It's funny how God's plan doesn't always match our own but His is always better (:

As I participated in the wedding festivities on Friday and Saturday, the fact that I'm getting married in just a little under a year officially sank in with me. In just 9 short months, I will be in Emily's shoes and she will be in mine. I will be the one anxiously waiting to see my fiance. I will be the one walking down the aisle on my Daddy's arm (and I'll probably be bawling my eyes out!). I will be the one looking straight into my fiance's eyes as I say my vows. I will be the one entering the church as a Miss and leaving as a Mrs. And just like my best friend, I won't be nervous at all about it because like her, I know without a doubt that my fiance is the person that I want to share my life with. He is the one I want to fall asleep with every night and to wake up to every morning; the one I want holding my hand in the delivery room when we have our 2 kids (3 if he has his way :P); the one I want by my side as we watch and help our children experience life; and the one I want to look after me when I get to old to look after myself.

So...after my best friend's wedding, I have to say, I hope mine hurries up and gets here!

Emily getting her hair done!


All of us after our hair & make up was done!


The Bride & Maid of Honor (that's me!!!)


All of Us Girls (:


Emily & Matt after they'd said 'I Do'!


The yummy & pretty cake!


Me & My Parents at Emily's Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!