10.28.2016

Friday!


Hey ladies... long time no see! If you caught my post last week you're aware of why I've been a bit absent around these parts over the last few months. Since my last post, I had all intentions of jumping back onto the blog train but let's be real, wifing, moming, and working is a full time gig. Trying to juggle it along with Cupcakes and Confetti has been quite amusing here lately. But since today is a workday at my day job, I found a few free minutes to join in for the usual 5 on Friday. 


{One} The Magnolia Story
It's no secret Chip and Joanna Gaines are my favorite power couple. They're seriously the cutest couple ever and their designs are amazing. I mean for real, give me all of the shiplap, concrete counter tops, and mixed metals. If you love them as much as I do, then you better get to your closest Barnes and Nobles and grab their book. It's amazing and I can't put it down. I've seriously stayed up until 9:30 each night trying to read it... and for a mama going to bed at 8 each night exhausted, that's saying something (;


{Two} The Iphone Debate

I'm struggling guys. I had no intentions of upgrading my phone anytime soon because having the latest and greatest iphone really isn't that big of a deal to me anymore. However, over the last few weeks, my phone has been messing up. Anyone else find it ironic that your phone starts giving you problems when a new model comes out? It seems to happen every time. But that's a story for a different day. Anyways, back to the debate. I've been to the store several times now trying to decide on a new iphone but I'm torn between the Iphone 7 or the Iphone 7 plus. The plus seems so huge to me after having the regular 6 but the camera is amazing and considering I use my phone so often for browsing the internet, I'm kind of loving it despite it's large size. Yet, being a mom, my phone always ends up in my back pocket so I'm a little worried about it being so big. Thoughts? Who has the regular? Who has the plus? Hit me with your best shot. 

{Three} The Elves are Taking Over!
I have a few pesky little elves that are taking over our house at the current moment. Our business puts together Elf Activity Kits for those cute little Elf on the Shelf elves. The kits include pre-planned antics for the elves from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas day. This year we took pre-orders for these kits in hopes of making it easier on us but they're selling left and right each day and currently, there isn't enough time in the day to keep up. So this seems to be the permanent look of my dining room these days. 



{Four} Christmas Present Problems
Speaking of elves, let's talk about Christmas for a minute. Is anyone else having trouble figuring out what to get your kids for Christmas? Boston's Christmas list is done. We've purchased everything he's getting, but haven't made the first purchase for Harper doodle. We took her to Target yesterday to wander the aisles and pick out presents for Santa to bring her but other than a few little things, she didn't really want much. While on one hand my mama heart is so proud that she is a minimalist, the other is frustrated as I can't give one kid a big Christmas and not give the other. So suggestions on gifts for a three and a half year old?

{Five} Disney Countdown
The countdown is officially on. We leave for Disney World in just 10 days and I am so, so, so excited. Every day Harper wakes up talking about Disney. We discuss what all she's taking, who all is going, etc. I can not wait to see her face when she arrives. I'm so excited that I may or may not have already started packing! 


post signature

14 comments:

  1. Chip and Joanna are the cutest! And so fun that you're going to Disney World - I'm kinda jealous, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do to Disney world! I'd say if you're having trouble shopping for Harper, and she's so excited about the trip, that maybe you should get her some things she picks out/shows interest in at the park? Have fun!

    Caitlyn | www.collegewithcaitlyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I want to read the magolia story so bad! My book list is longer than time I have to read lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at disney world!! I went through the iphone debate recently, I settled on the 7+ :-)

    Rachel | The Confused Millennial

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that I am seeing so much about Chip and Joanna lately! I have followed them for the longest time and I just love everything they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was iffy about upgrading my phone also, but I have the 7 now and I love it!

    Alix | www.apintsizedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay those elf kits might be the greatest thing I have ever seen! Going to have to show them to my BFF for her littles!
    I used to love Chip & Joanna so so much when they were truly a small business. But it's incredibly frustrating walking in to their (giant) shop now, and seeing the same products we bought years ago, not priced for three times that amount... Totally not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time at Disney World. I need to upgrade my phone as well. Not sure if I am ready though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun in Disney!! My mom love Chip and Joanna, she watches every episode of their show!! I think they are just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an iPhone 7 and love it. The perfect size!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the iPhone 7 and I kinda wish I had gone with the 7 Plus for the bigger screen! Honestly they both fit in back pockets!

    xoxo,
    Amanda
    www.trulyyoursa.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't see myself upgrading to iphone 7 for a while. Love me 6. I love getting experiences as gifts but I guess that comes with age :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the iPhone 6 plus and I love the larger size!! :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Chip and Joanna so much! I totally need to read their book! I have an iPhone 6s and won't be due for an upgrade for at least another year and a half... but I'm pretty happy with my phone for now!

    Stephanie | www.stephanietherese.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!