12.11.2013

{Recipes}: Muffin Meatloaf

Hi Ladies! I wanted to pop in today and share one of my favorite family recipes. Here in the south, meatloaf is most definitely a comfort food. And this time of year, comfort food is exactly what the cold winter days demand. We love this recipe and fix it at least once every couple of weeks. What I love most about it is it literally requires 5 minutes preparation and is finished in 25! For a mama with a baby, it can't get much better than that!

The Holt Household's "Muffin Meatloaf"
What You Need:
Meatloaf
1 pound ground beef (We use 93/7)
1 egg
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 cup of Stove Top savory herb stuffing mix
Sauce
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T white distilled vinegar (any kind will work)

Directions:

Meatloaf
1. Shred (by hand) uncooked beef in a mixing bowl
2. Combine egg, 3/4 of tomato sauce, and 1 cup of stuffing mix in mixing bowl
3. Mix together all the ingredients in the mixing bowl with a spoon
4. Place muffin cups (we use the foil ones! They work best for this recipe!) in a muffin pan and spray with cooking oil to prevent meatloaf from sticking)
5. Take meat mixture and create meat balls and place them in the muffin cups (I make them where they just do fit in the cups)
 *Note: If you think the mixture seems dry, add the rest of the tomato sauce! Despite the fact that I always make this recipe the same way, sometimes I need the extra sauce and sometimes I don't!



Sauce
1. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and white distilled vinegar in a mixing cup
2. Spoon over meatballs in muffin cups

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes and then enjoy!


* This makes 12 muffins. Kevin and I usually eat 2 a piece and freeze the other 8. You can easily throw these in the fridge in the morning to thaw out and pop them in the microwave for dinner! (Just be sure to remove the foil layer before microwaving!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you ladies always make my day, so please let me know you stopped by!